yum install python2.4

richardun

My goal is to install python2.4 using yum (wouldn't you know it, it's a
dependency for something else).
From this page (), I followed the following instructions:
1. ...creat "/etc/yum.repos.d/python24.repo" with the following lines:

[python24]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Python 2.4
baseurl=http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4/rpms/fedora-$releasever/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

2. Add the KRUD GPG key by running: "rpm --import
http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4/rpms/KRUD-GPG-KEY"

3. Install Python 2.4 by running: "yum install python2.4".

This is the output I get after running the yum install line:

Cannot find a package matching python2.4
No actions to take

Now, I've checked two things well, the python24.repo file I created is
just as it is above, except instead of $releasever, I have 3. This is
because my version would otherwise attempt 3AS here. And next, I
followed the repository to make sure such a path would have something
there. It does: http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4/rpms/fedora-3/

So, why the heck doesn't this find python2.4??? These are all the
instructions posted on Python's site to install using yum. So, what's
wrong?

TIA,
Richard

John J. Lee

My goal is to install python2.4 using yum (wouldn't you know it, it's a
dependency for something else).
[...]

You're probably better off asking on a yum or Fedora list or
newsgroup.

John