ZenTest 2.3.0 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ryan Davis, Nov 18, 2004.

  1. Ryan Davis

    Ryan Davis Guest

    ZenTest version 2.3.0 has been released!

    http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ZenTest/

    ZenTest scans your target and unit-test code and writes your missing
    code based on simple naming rules, enabling XP at a much quicker
    pace. ZenTest only works with Ruby and Test::Unit.

    There are two strategies intended for ZenTest: test conformance
    auditing and rapid XP.

    For auditing, ZenTest provides an excellent means of finding methods
    that have slipped through the testing process. I've run it against my
    own software and found I missed a lot in a well tested
    package. Writing those tests found 4 bugs I had no idea existed.

    ZenTest can also be used to evaluate generated code and execute your
    tests, allowing for very rapid development of both tests and
    implementation.

    ** FEATURES/PROBLEMS:

    + Scans your ruby code and tests and generates missing methods for you.
    + Includes a very helpful filter for Test::Unit output called
    unit_diff.rb
    + Includes a LinuxJournal article on testing with ZenTest written by
    Pat Eyler.

    http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ZenTest/

    Changes:

    + 6 minor enhancements
    + Massively expanded the method name mappings.
    + Added -r flag to reverse map names, for Rails style testing.
    + Added -e to auto eval tests generated.
    + Added -b & -c flags in unit_diff (passed to diff)
    + Added install and uninstall rules to Makefile.
    + Added some more doco to README.txt
    + 7 bug fixes
    + Cleaned up and refactored tests.
    + Changed the way files are generated, to accomodate new flags.
    + Added some more tests.
    + Added $ZENTEST=true
    + Fixed the one-liner diff bug.
    + Cleaned up multi-line string diffs by unescaping \n
    + Cleaned result for flunks.

    http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ZenTest/
    Ryan Davis, Nov 18, 2004

  2. On Thursday 18 November 2004 03:16 pm, Ryan Davis wrote:
    | ZenTest version 2.3.0 has been released!
    |
    | http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ZenTest/

    | ZenTest scans your target and unit-test code and writes your missing
    | code based on simple naming rules, enabling XP at a much quicker
    | pace. ZenTest only works with Ruby and Test::Unit.

    Ahhhh! Now this is the kind of smarts I was talking ago some months past.
    Sounds great! I'll have to give it a go one of these days.

    Thanks,
    T.
    trans. (T. Onoma), Dec 16, 2004