Phil Carmody

Thad Smith said:
He must have pulled more legs than I realized. I thought it was clever.

I too am with Nick Keighley. I thought it was a masterful
piece of high-quality professional trolling.

Take a bow, Bau.

Phil

CBFalconer

Phil said:
I practically only optimize by diddling the source code.

I guess the problem is what we define as optimization. AFAIAC you
are diddling the algorithm. Some compiler optimizations actually
do that (such as implementing end recursion).

Thad Smith

Thad said:
On some processor/compiler targets the loop
for (i=10; i; i--)
is more efficient than
for (i=0; i < 10, i++)

That should be