zeroing in on a listbox item

rsine

I am wondering if it is possible to narrow in on an item
within a listbox of states. For example, right now if I
type "W", I will immediately drop down to those states
beggining with "W". However if I type "WI", I go to the
top of the list with those states beginning with "I". I
would like to continue to zero in on the state by
dropping down to those that begin with "WI". Is this
possible and if so, how do I go about doing it? Any help
would be appreciated.

Bob Barrows

rsine said:
I am wondering if it is possible to narrow in on an item
within a listbox of states. For example, right now if I
type "W", I will immediately drop down to those states
beggining with "W". However if I type "WI", I go to the
top of the list with those states beginning with "I". I
would like to continue to zero in on the state by
dropping down to those that begin with "WI". Is this
possible and if so, how do I go about doing it? Any help
would be appreciated.

I have a dynamic listbox example available here:
http://www.thrasherwebdesign.com/index.asp?pi=links&hp=links.asp

Even if you can't use the technology demo'ed in this example, it should give
you an idea of what you need to do.

Bob Barrows

Bob Barrows

On the net? No.
On my machine? Yes :)
If anyone wants to provide a home for it, they're welcome to download it. As
written, it's intended to be used on an intranet, but it can be adapted for
use on the web.

Bob