    folder with an asp.net application i cant use it on the
    destination computer. when i open the solution i cant see
    the vb.net files. they appear with a yellow ! sign on them.
    rom, Dec 5, 2004

  2. rom

    Scott Allen Guest

    Have you zipped up and sent the entire solution? Do the files fall
    into the right directories if you look at where you unzipped the
    solution in explorer?

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Dec 5, 2004

  3. rom

    rom Guest

    i did zip the entire solution BUT when i open the folder
    now i cant see the all the *.vb files........

    rom, Dec 5, 2004
  4. rom

    rom Guest

    more interesting - these files appear in the zip file on
    the computer i sent it from but doesnt appear in the zip
    of the computer that received the files........

    rom, Dec 5, 2004
  5. What application are you using to compress the files into an archive? Also,
    do you see the *.vb files inside the zip file on the original computer?

    Thanks,
    Johann MacDonagh

    Johann MacDonagh, Dec 6, 2004
  6. rom

    rom Guest

    UNBELIEVABLE! i just can't find these files. he is what i
    do:
    1. right click on the folder (that holds all the asp.net
    application files) and add to archive. select zip and zip
    it!
    2. send this zip file by mail to another computer.
    3. open the zip on the other computer and all the *.vb
    files are missing!!!!
    4. open the zip file from the computer that sent it, and
    the *.vb files are here!
    when i send the zip file it's size is 36kb. when i receive
    it on the second computer it's only 24kb.....where are my
    missing 12kb????

    rom, Dec 6, 2004
  7. rom

    Scott Allen Guest

    That's odd - I've heard of virus protection software blocking content
    it considers dangerous - but never rmoving content without telling the
    recepient. The .vb extension is close to .vbs, which is considered
    dangerous. Perhaps the archive is meeting a really zealous filter
    along the way?

    Scott Allen, Dec 6, 2004
  8. rom

    Scott Allen Guest

    Interestingly enough I tried to send a .vb file with my gmail account,
    and it won't let me.

    I'd strongly suspect an email filter somewhere at the source or
    destination ISP or corporation. Although flat out removing files from
    a zip archive without a message is evil.

    Scott Allen, Dec 6, 2004