Zope 2.7 running with Stackless 3.0

Discussion in 'Python' started by Christian Tismer, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. Dear friends,

    just by chance, I got into the position to try out
    Zope 2.7.0 beta 1/2, and since it needs Python 2.2.3
    at least, and Stackless 3.0 was just ported to that, I tried
    to build Zope with Stackless 3.0.

    It works very very well! After a few patches to get the includes
    right, here the installation instructions.

    Get the current Stakless 3.0 beta.

    CVSROOT=:pserver::/home/cvs
    export CVSROOT

    cvs co stackless

    cd stackless/src
    ../configure
    make
    # su if your weren't root
    make install

    Then, install the Zope source, and make the same dance as usual.

    Just a note:
    Zope doesn't (yet) use any of the Stackless features.
    It just builds and works with it. But of course, *you*
    can use the stackless features, of course.

    I also expect, that Zope will create a branch in some future
    and implement a new Medusa which doesn't need real threads.

    cheers and let me know of your experience -- chris
    --
    Christian Tismer :^) <mailto:>
    Mission Impossible 5oftware : Have a break! Take a ride on Python's

    Christian Tismer, Aug 28, 2003