    to use Zope instead. Has anyone attempted this before and if so, were
    you able to do it with Zope? Could you use the XML files produced by
    Interwoven? Any ideas would be appreciated.

    mxlplx, Aug 28, 2003

  2. mxlplx

    Van Gale Guest

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:20:47 -0700, mxlplx wrote:

    > I'm currently working on a project to convert an Interwoven-based site
    > to use Zope instead. Has anyone attempted this before and if so, were
    > you able to do it with Zope? Could you use the XML files produced by
    > Interwoven? Any ideas would be appreciated.

    I can't think of a single thing the 2 systems have in common really, so it
    won't be an easy task.

    The conversion to Zope should mostly be possible, and is probably worth it
    considering the cost of the conversion will probably be less than
    licensing costs... but you'll have to develop custom tools to convert any
    data that can be converted and the rest will have to be developed from
    scratch.

    Some bits, such as workflow XML/perl templates probably cannot be
    converted at all and you'll need to redesign workflows in the Zope way.

    If your pages are ASP or PHP you'll have to convert them to Zope's DTML or
    TAL.

    If you use metadata you'll need to design objects with attributes to
    match.

    The XML from Teamsite templates would also be replaced by python objects,
    which means processing the teamsite XML to create a new object, merging
    the metadata, and then getting that object into Zope's object storage.

    You might get a better answer on the Zope mailing list, but I bet it'll be
    the same general "Ugh!" :)

    Van

    Van Gale, Aug 28, 2003

  3. mxlplx

    mxlplx Guest

    Thanks for the info. I knew this was going to be ugly!

    mxlplx, Sep 2, 2003