Zope locking

ted holden

Dumb question here.

Every once in a while, while playing around with or experimenting with Zope,
I either get clumsy with my hands and don't click something thoroughly
enough or I do some combination of things which Zope can't deal with (this
is on the manage screen), and the thing locks up. All I've been able to do
so far when that happens is to break out of zope, kill any zope processes
lying around, and delete the lock file which gets created in the var
subdirectory.

I assume there's got to be some better way, i.e. some step I could take from
the manage screen which would unhang or unlock the system. I'd appreciate
hearing from anybody who knows what that might be.

Ted Holden
(e-mail address removed)