Zope, Squid and manage_workspace

Discussion in 'Python' started by Eddie Butcher, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. I've been pulling my hair out over this one for some time now and
    followed-up all the appropriate search queries and FAQs etc.
    With no luck. I now humbly ask help from the assembled crowd.

    Platform: Zope 2.7.1b1 on Redhat 7.3/i386

    "Zope/(unreleased version, python 2.3.3, linux2) ZServer/1.1
    Plone/2.0.3"

    I'm setting up a new Zope based site, the world can see it fine and I
    can manage it as normal. So far so good.

    If I try the same from inside my company network, all seems to go to
    plan, until I call /manage_workspace against any object, then I get
    no response returned.

    The bizarre thing is I can call /manage_main against anything, no
    problem. ONLY /manage_workspace fails.

    The only difference between world access and internal access that I can
    figure out is our company squid proxy.

    From grepping the squid.log it seems that squid never receives or
    acknowledges the Zope reply.

    Just as a comparison, using an Apache front-end with ProxyPass works
    fine (dunno why), but I don't want to pursue this as a solution as it
    cannot be seen externally to the company, again dunno why :-(

    Can anyone shed light on this please, any similar experiences?

    --
    Eddie
    Eddie Butcher, Jun 11, 2004