zope ZMySQLDA

Discussion in 'Python' started by Don Rivard, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. Don Rivard

    Don Rivard Guest

    zope 2.71b
    ZMySQLDA 2.08
    MySQL-python-0.9.2
    mysql 3.23.55NT

    When I attempt to connect, by creating a Add Z MySQL Database Connection, I
    set the connection string
    to database user password, and i keep getting the following error
    Site Error

    Error Type: AttributeError
    Error Value: server_capabilities

    Any ideas why?

    Don Rivard
    Don Rivard, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Don Rivard wrote:

    > zope 2.71b
    > ZMySQLDA 2.08
    > MySQL-python-0.9.2
    > mysql 3.23.55NT
    >
    > When I attempt to connect, by creating a Add Z MySQL Database Connection,
    > I set the connection string
    > to database user password, and i keep getting the following error
    > Site Error
    > An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
    >
    > Error Type: AttributeError
    > Error Value: server_capabilities

    Hi,

    If you want to see the stacktrace in error messages put
    <dtml-var error_tb>
    in the standard_error_message of Zope. This needs to be done
    trough the web and is very handy for debugging.

    The stacktrace shows you the file and the line where
    the error occured. Maybe this helps you to find your problem.

    thomas
    Thomas =?ISO-8859-15?Q?G=FCttler?=, Jul 24, 2003

  3. "Thomas Güttler" <> a écrit dans le message de
    news: bfobe2$h17es$-berlin.de...
    > Don Rivard wrote:
    >
    > If you want to see the stacktrace in error messages put
    > <dtml-var error_tb>
    > in the standard_error_message of Zope. This needs to be done
    > trough the web and is very handy for debugging.
    >
    > The stacktrace shows you the file and the line where
    > the error occured. Maybe this helps you to find your problem.
    >
    > thomas

    With Zope 2.6.x (and later), the full traceback and the REQUEST object value
    when the exception raised are in the error_log object.

    --Gilles
    Gilles Lenfant, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Don Rivard

    Don Rivard Guest

    I know get:

    Error Type: AttributeError
    Error Value: server_capabilities

    Traceback (innermost last):

    a.. Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 49, in publish
    b.. Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 32, in mapply
    c.. Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 38, in call_object
    d.. Module Products.ZMySQLDA.DA, line 102, in manage_addZMySQLConnection
    e.. Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.Connection, line 58, in __init__
    f.. Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.Connection, line 86, in edit
    g.. Module Products.ZMySQLDA.DA, line 120, in connect
    h.. Module Products.ZMySQLDA.db, line 179, in __init__
    AttributeError: server_capabilities

    I'm not sure what server_capabilities really means.
    I will write my own DA for this. Thanks

    Don Rivard, Jul 25, 2003