1.8.0 Segmentation fault

Graham Brooks

I have been experiencing problems with the 1.8.0 (MSVC build) causing
segmentation faults. In an effort to track down the problem I downloaded the
preview 4 sources and built ruby.exe and WIN32OLE.so with debug information
in an effort to find the fault.
Unfortunately the debug code identified some errors in my program which I
duly fixed and then everything worked. I am guessing that segmentation fault
was a compiler/build problem. Anyone got any better suggestions? When I get
time I plan to run everything under a memory checker to see if there are any
memory overwrite problems which may go away when debug information is
included in the output.

Graham