2 libraries with different versions of same object

BradDux

I have two library's that both have the same object file in them. How
can I specify which library to use a specific object from?

Victor Bazarov

I have two library's that both have the same object file in them. How
can I specify which library to use a specific object from?

It depends on the linker you're using. Since it's implementation-
specific, it's OT here, unfortunately. Please consider asking in
the newsgroup that deals with your compiler. Sometimes you make
the linker choose by specifying the libraries in a particular order,
but there is no sure way. Sometimes it's possible to extract the
object module from the library and pass it to the linker by itself.
No common solution exists.