    Hamish Guest

    Is it possible to check for the existence of a 3rd party cookie.

    I.e. Check if a cookie has been set from Google, Lycos etc.

    Hamish, Oct 19, 2005

  2. Hamish

    VK Guest

    No
    (unless a very badly written browser (neither FF nor IE).

    VK, Oct 19, 2005

  3. Hamish

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    I know of no way to do this, mainly because I have never found it
    necessary. Various combinations of my XP OS sp2 and various recent
    browsers and security programs allow me to either reject setting of 3rd
    party cookies or ask before they are set. If you want to detect 3'rd
    party cookies already set on a browser viewing your page and report
    this back to you, I doubt if this would be allowed, for security
    reasons. It likely would involve a server side script such as php or
    Perl. I would not say that this is impossible, because some hackers are
    very clever, but the hack likely would be defeated as soon as OS and
    browser makers found out about it.

    cwdjrxyz, Oct 19, 2005