500 errors!!

John

I recently finished a project for someone and they are getting 500 errors.
What's driving me nuts is the application works fine from my location. All
I can think is it could be a firewall issue but I've messed with my firewall
and I can't reproduce the error. What's ever more annoying is they are
getting this error from more than one location. I don't see anything that
would cause this. This is an admin application that uses Session and
adds/updates an access DB. Works fine here, any ideas?

Thanks!

John

Permissions would affect me as well since this is a remote server true?
I'll have them uncheck the friendly messages but just the same, why am I not
getting any errors here? The app works perfectly on my machine. If
firewall the only answer?

Find out the _REAL_ error message.......

http://aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

I am presuming permissions have been checked?

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Steven Burn

If you can access the files on their server but they can't, it is unlikely to be a firewall issue (and then again, unlikely to be a permissions issue). If you can find out what the real error message is (500 is just a container error number and not the real number), you'll have more to go on.

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Evertjan.

John wrote on 20 mrt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I recently finished a project for someone and they are getting 500
errors.

So now the errors have stopped after these 500 ?

Evertjan.

John wrote on 21 mrt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Uh, thats Error "500" ;-/ Internal server error.

Got you ;-}

Better swtich to unfiendly errors in IE.

Bob Lehmann

unfiendly errors
I'm not sure if this is a typo or not :>)

Bob Lehmann
I top post, I know. Old dogs, whatever.
Don't try to train me, I'm as trained as I'm going to get..

Evertjan.

Bob Lehmann wrote on 21 mrt 2005 in
I'm not sure if this is a typo or not :>)

It is not.

"Better switch to unfiendly errors in IE."
means John should switch off IE's friendly errors.
Bob Lehmann
I top post, I know. Old dogs, whatever.
Don't try to train me, I'm as trained as I'm going to get..

I am not trying to train you new tricks, Bob,
just the rest of the world.

BTW topposting IS such new trick,
I am trying to enforce traditional good usenet manners.

Rene Wennekes

We had the same problem,

the server we hosted the website was working too hard :)
We used it also as a terminal server.
When a ts session was mad the 500 error appears.
When the server has no ts session open the 500 errors did not appear.

Rene