500 - Server internal error!

Costi Stan

I've just installed MS VS.NET 2003 on Windows XP Professional with
IIS(ASP.NET 1.1). Everything went smooth.
But when I'm trying to create a simple distributed application with C#, I
get a message from IIS like "500 - Server Internal Error"

Does anyone knows where it might be the problem?

Kind regards,

Costi Stan

Kevin Spencer

The 500 Server Error indicates that an exception has occurred in your
application. Perhaps a bit of debugging might be in order.

BTW, I din't realize there WAS such as thing as a "simple" distributed
application! ;-)

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Costi Stan

What kind of debugging do you sugest?
I have no idea how to start the project. I would know how to debug it, but
not to set it up with IIS.

Indeed, really simple distributed. Be my guest and have a look. I think
Microsoft kept the template in the new VS.NET.
New Project -> Other Projects -> Enterprise Template Projects -> Visual C#
Simple Distributed Application.

Thanks,

Costi

Kevin Spencer

Hi Costi,
I have no idea how to start the project. I would know how to debug it, but
not to set it up with IIS.

You just purchased Visual Studio.Net, right?

Compile in Debug mode, and then use the Debugger tools when you run it.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

Try this.

From internet explorer, select the tools menu then internet options. select
the connections tab. click the LAN settings button. If the automatically
detect settings check box is checked clear it. try running the application
again.