__DEPRECATED

brekehan

I am not sure if this is a standard C++ thing, a linux thing, or a gcc
specific thing. Hope you don't mind me starting here. This define or
macro or whatever it is appears in some code I am working on and my
compiler doesn't seem able to find its definition. I can't blame it,
because I can't find it either. Does anyone have any ideas on how this
is supposed to be defined and where?

Victor Bazarov

brekehan said:
I am not sure if this is a standard C++ thing, a linux thing, or a gcc
specific thing. Hope you don't mind me starting here. This define or
macro or whatever it is appears in some code I am working on and my
compiler doesn't seem able to find its definition. I can't blame it,
because I can't find it either. Does anyone have any ideas on how this
is supposed to be defined and where?

Start by trying to add

#define __DEPRECATED

(basically making it defined, but resolving into an empty string).
See if it works. If it does, leave it in (although be aware that
it's a reserved identifier, and you're not supposed to use it, but
hey, if it works, who cares, right? ;-))

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

I am not sure if this is a standard C++ thing, a linux thing, or a gcc
specific thing. Hope you don't mind me starting here. This define or
macro or whatever it is appears in some code I am working on and my
compiler doesn't seem able to find its definition. I can't blame it,
because I can't find it either. Does anyone have any ideas on how this
is supposed to be defined and where?

It's not standard, and probably not part of gcc, my guess would be that
it's something local to your code. I would guess that the idea is that
if you try to compile any code that uses a function marked with the
macro a warning or error will be given.

Noah Roberts

Erik said:
It's not standard, and probably not part of gcc, my guess would be that
it's something local to your code. I would guess that the idea is that
if you try to compile any code that uses a function marked with the
macro a warning or error will be given.

The new visual studio uses it. Vomits forth warnings if that code is
called. Annoyingly they have much of the standard library thus labeled
rendering the entire thing totally pointless (you have to shut it off to
use the compiler).