__doPostBack at OnLoad Page

Guest

I am attempting to use the ASP.NET generated __doPostBack JavaScript function
in my custom JavaScript and I can use it successfully but only after the web
page is loaded and idle.

I prefer to invoke __doPostBack immediately after web page load. I have
been attempting to use the HTML Body OnLoad event to trigger invoking
__doPostBack without success.

Any idea why __doPostBack can not be invoked at the HTML Body OnLoad event ?
Do you have an alternative suggestion ?

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

the __doPostBack code calls routines in an included javascript file. these
routines will not be available until pageload fires. but i don't belive the
bowser will allow allow a postback during the onload event, so you need to
schedule it right after.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)