__doPostBack Error -- Javascript

Murray Patrick via DotNetMonster.com

I am only just begun using .net etc. I create a program (etc), it compiled
and ran on the local machine. The program was then uploaded on a remote
server. I have found in testing it that the buttons no longer work -- when
they are clicked I am taken to a error webpage that is titled Invalid
syntax error', with the address: 'javascript:__doPostBack('Button1','').

I think the problem occurs because the java runtime environment (or some
needed java software) is missing on the server. I know all the script files
are on remote server. I dont think the problem is client side because I am
testing the remote solution on the machine on which i wrote, compiled and
initially ran the code.

Any Suggestions? thanks.

Murray Patrick via DotNetMonster.com

well, it turns out:

change the security setting in ie away from high -- either medium or low.
yip, that simple.