__dopostback javascript problem

Fredrik Elestedt

Hi,

I have a problem with the __dopostback script when I run my webbapplication
on certain servers. The code is not recompiled and the aspx filer are
untouched...
This is what happens, on a server where it works the formname used in the
__doPostBack javascript function is __aspnetForm and in the case of the
server where it does not work it is _ctl0:theForm

The name of the form when I look at the source is the same - yet it is
rendered differently. I've compared all settings that I could find and they
are the same.
Any ideas or suggestions on what to try is welcome - of course I would
appriciate the solution as well.

// Fredrik

Fredrik Elestedt

Good to know. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get some support
from microsoft... since the patch doesn't appear to be available on the net.
Any ideas? I've tried the link to Product Support Services but I can't
figure out which alternative to use...

// Fredrik