    symbol: __stack_chk_fail_local

    Could anybody help me?

    gianluca

    gianluca, Aug 29, 2008

  2. Have you tried to use ldd against the _libfoo.so to check if it is
    able to get all the libraries it needs?

    Regards
    Marco

    Marco Bizzarri, Aug 30, 2008

  3. gianluca

    gianluca Guest

    I've tried with ldd and the library aren't loaded. I don't use my *.i
    interface so is quite difficult modify it (realy, the libraru is
    supplied with make).

    Any suggests?
    gianluca

    gianluca, Aug 30, 2008
  4. The ldd should point you to the library which is not loaded.

    Maybe the library you need is not in one of the normal locations in
    your Linux/Unix path.

    Normally, the linker looks for library under /lib and /usr/lib, and
    maybe other paths specified in /etc/ld.so.conf

    If you know the library is installed in your system, you can force the
    linker to look for it, either modifying your /etc/ld.so.conf (better
    if you know what you're doing, however) or, just setting the
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable:

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/some/non/standard/lib/dir/

    python -c "import foo"

    Another possibility, which you can check googling a little, is that
    you've two different versions of the libarary around your system, and
    that you're loading the wrong one (i.e., python is looking at the
    wrong one)

    again, setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH should help

    Regards
    Marco

    Marco Bizzarri, Aug 30, 2008