__stack_chk_fail_local

gianluca

hy list,
I've built _libfoo.so and libfoo.py library with swig and I've copied
in /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/ but when import the module

I've that message

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/_libfoo.so: undefined
symbol: __stack_chk_fail_local

Could anybody help me?

gianluca

Marco Bizzarri

hy list,
I've built _libfoo.so and libfoo.py library with swig and I've copied
in /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/ but when import the module

I've that message

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/_libfoo.so: undefined
symbol: __stack_chk_fail_local

Could anybody help me?

gianluca

Have you tried to use ldd against the _libfoo.so to check if it is
able to get all the libraries it needs?

Regards
Marco

gianluca

Have you tried to use ldd against the _libfoo.so to check if it is
able to get all the libraries it needs?

Regards
Marco

I've tried with ldd and the library aren't loaded. I don't use my *.i
interface so is quite difficult modify it (realy, the libraru is
supplied with make).

Any suggests?
gianluca

Marco Bizzarri

The ldd should point you to the library which is not loaded.

Maybe the library you need is not in one of the normal locations in
your Linux/Unix path.

Normally, the linker looks for library under /lib and /usr/lib, and
maybe other paths specified in /etc/ld.so.conf

If you know the library is installed in your system, you can force the
linker to look for it, either modifying your /etc/ld.so.conf (better
if you know what you're doing, however) or, just setting the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/some/non/standard/lib/dir/

python -c "import foo"

Another possibility, which you can check googling a little, is that
you've two different versions of the libarary around your system, and
that you're loading the wrong one (i.e., python is looking at the
wrong one)

again, setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH should help

Regards
Marco