A dumb question – how to use IIS to redirect http calls?

Stren Assaf

Sorry for this question, I sure (and hope) it’s elementary but still…
I need to implement an application that receives http calls from a remote
client, do something with it and returns some feedback. I want to use IIS
(version 6) as my front end http server (with https and ssl services) which
will facilitate all the requirements of a http server and then foreword the
incoming call to my application and will return the process result to the
client at the end.
Does IIS support this?
And if yes - what are the requirement from my application to use it (built
in .net if anyone interested)?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Stern Assaf ([email protected])

Mark Schupp

Can your application be called as a server-side COM object? If so then you
can wrap a web-site around it with IIS. You might be better off rebuilding
your application as a web site (or service, you didn't give many details
about what the client systems expect).

Also, if you are using .net you would be better off asking in a dotnet
newsgroup.