a host which also supports ASP.NET?

ALI-R

Hi ALL;

Sorry if here is not a suitable place to post this question,but I'm going to
create my own personal website (and a weblog besides it) and I have
absolutely no idea where to get a decent host from.
I am kind of confused with different offers currently exist.I'd like to put
some personal background of myself in the website (and I might not need a
lot of other features) for business purpose and I'm told to put the website
in the same domian but for instance differnt direcotry.I'm going to create
mywebsite using ASP.NET 1.1 and for my weblog I think I'll use .text engine.

Is there somebody here who can give me some ideas about where to get a host
which is not very expensive and has almost everything I need?

I really appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks
ALI-R

Harry Simpson

Try Brinkster.com they are great. I've got 3 ASP.NET sites there.
They also can do SQL Server 2000!

Harry

ALI-R

The problem is that their personal package dosen't support sqlserver 2000?
right?

Newbie

Hi,

Have a look at boundgrid.net.
They have good support, good features and a lot of many free components at
reasonable price.

HTH,

ALI-R

Do u have personal experience working with them?

Newbie said:
Hi,

Have a look at boundgrid.net.
They have good support, good features and a lot of many free components at
reasonable price.

HTH,

going

ALI-R

How about registering the domain name? I wanted to register with
"Register.com" ,but they charge 35$ per year.That's freaking expensive.Is
there any other good and reiable one availabe?

Newbie

Ali,

I have 12 domains hosted on their server. not too long, though. but so far
so good.
For domain registrar, check out http://registerfly.com
low cost, good service and quick propagate too (it only took averagely 12
hours to propagate when i change my domain's NS).

HTH,
andy

ALI-R

Thanks Newbie,

I registered with them and so far everything is smoothly going on.I might
have couple of questions down the road since I haven't have my DNS's
propagated so far.Will check this thread later ?? or Could please send me an
email at (e-mail address removed) so I could have your email address ,just in case
if I had any other questions.If not I would appreciate if you could monitor
this thread for my questions to setup my site since I have never done this
before.

Thanks for your excellent suggestions.
Cheers,
ALI-R

B.S.They seem to have pretty good return policy;-)

Victor

I would like to warn people away from BoundGrid.net. They really took me
and my company for a ride on billing, charging us some 3 times what they
were charging others for the same services. When we caught them at this
they insisted that the other were on a different plan than we were. We
said OK, put us on the same plan with the others, and they refused. We
finally took our business elsewhere, and are still waiting for the
cancellation refund.