Aborting a page load.

Daz

Hi everyone.

I am making a stand alone web application, that listens for when the
DOM content of a frame is loaded. Once it's loaded, I would like to
stop the frame from loading further, as I already have the data I need,
and the site is seriously slow. Is there any way for me to stop the
frame from loading at this stage, and continue with my script
processing?

Many thanks.

All the best.

Daz.

Randy Webb

Daz said the following on 1/16/2007 5:17 PM:
Hi everyone.

I am making a stand alone web application, that listens for when the
DOM content of a frame is loaded. Once it's loaded, I would like to
stop the frame from loading further, as I already have the data I need,
and the site is seriously slow. Is there any way for me to stop the
frame from loading at this stage, and continue with my script
processing?

If you are waiting for the frame to load, the frame loads and you want
to stop the frame from loading any further. That is one very confusing
scenario since the frame has finished loading there is nothing else to
load......

Peter Michaux

Randy said:
Daz said the following on 1/16/2007 5:17 PM:

If you are waiting for the frame to load, the frame loads and you want
to stop the frame from loading any further. That is one very confusing
scenario since the frame has finished loading there is nothing else to
load......

I think by "DOM content" he means only the html text of the page and
not the images. I assume Daz wants to scrape the page for some info
without having to load the images in the page.

Peter

Daz

Peter said:
I think by "DOM content" he means only the html text of the page and
not the images. I assume Daz wants to scrape the page for some info
without having to load the images in the page.

Peter

You are correct in your assumption. I just want the source without the
images, as there are LOTS of images and the site is slow, and I am
making a text only version of the page.