Access cookie across servers

Deepak Nayal

I have a JSP running on Tomcat, which sets a cookie on the client when a
user hits that JSP from a browser. Then it calls response.sendRedirect()
to another host , which is a IIS server. Now if IIS tries to access that
cookie through ASP, will it be able to get it?

Fredrik Lindner

Deepak Nayal said:
I have a JSP running on Tomcat, which sets a cookie on the client when a
user hits that JSP from a browser. Then it calls response.sendRedirect()
to another host , which is a IIS server. Now if IIS tries to access that
cookie through ASP, will it be able to get it?

Only if the tomcat and the IIS runs on the same domain an that domain is the
domain set in the cookie. See
http://wp.netscape.com/newsref/std/cookie_spec.html for more info on
cookies.

/Fredrik