Accessing Elements in other frames

Evan

Firstly, I am aware of all the issues that are introduced with frame
pages - this was not my decision - it is just what I have to work
with...

I have a frame page that looks like this
-------------------
| topFrame |
-------------------
| navFrame |
-------------------
| ContentsFrame |
|------------------

Within the contents frame I have a NEW FRAME set which looks like this
--------------------
| | |
|treeFrm | frmDisp |
| | |
--------------------

I know that this is awful. I have a link in the contentsFrame. When I
move over that link, I need to get a layer that already exists in the
frmDisplay to become visible... PLEASE HELP ME... I have NO idea how
to do this... even more so because I am not sure that it can even be
done :(

Evan

kaeli

I know that this is awful. I have a link in the contentsFrame. When I
move over that link, I need to get a layer that already exists in the
frmDisplay to become visible... PLEASE HELP ME... I have NO idea how
to do this... even more so because I am not sure that it can even be
done :(

top.frames['myFrameName'].document.getElementById
("elementId").style.visibility = visible;

There should be numerous checks in production code to make sure the objects
and properties exist.
Also, this assumes the frameset is not in someone else's frameset. ("top")

HTH