Accessing HTTP_REFERER for requests coming in from https

Guest

I have an issue accessing HTTP_REFERER property when the requests come in
from https. The value comes as null. Is there a work around that will help me
get the value of the property irrespective of whether requests come in from
https or http.The ASP.Net application that rcvs the request is http. I have
no problems retrieving the property when requests come in from http.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Karl Seguin [MVP]

Most browsers don't send the HttpReferrer when coming from an SSL page. It's
considered a security feature and there's nothing you can do to work around
it (unless you control the HTTPS page, you could store the page they are
currently on in the the db or something (or session, but that might be
tricky if it's 2 different sites)).

Karl