Accessing IE features from embedded WinForms control

Ken Varn

Not sure if this newsgroup is the right forum for this post.

I have been experimenting with embedding .NET Windows Forms User Controls
into a web page. I have been pleased with the results that I have obtained
so far, but have some questions regarding this implementation.

1. Is there anyway to access the IE browser script objects from within my
user control as is done in javascript or vbscript?

2. My User Control needs to be able to access my Web Service that is
protected in IIS using Windows Authentication. I need to be able to pass
the credentials that IE uses to logon to my web site and pass it to my
Windows Forms control so that it can pass the credentials to the web
service. So..., is there some way that my Windows Forms control can access
the logon credentials that IE uses to logon to my web site? I tried using
DefaultCredentials, but it defaults to the logged on user when called from a
Windows Form control. Not what I want.

--
-----------------------------------
Ken Varn

EmailID = varnk
Domain = Diebold.com
-----------------------------------

Natty Gur

Hi,

I didn't try it but I think that you can make a reference to MSHTML
(COM) from your user control, pass document to user control and use
document object to access HTML objects.

HTH

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)52-8888377

Ken Varn

Could you provide a sample of code on how to do this? I was under the
impression that you can only send strings to embedded windows form controls
using the <object> tag. How would I pass the document object and the
reference it in my CSharp code?

--
Ken Varn

EmailID = varnk