Accessing other Frames components

carmelo

Hi everybody,
I'm developing a Swing app with a main Frame which contains multiple
JInternalFrames.

I need to make something like this:

We have 2 JInternalFrame: intf1 and intf2.
intf1 contains some JTextFields and some JButtons.
intf2 contains a JTable.

On intf1, when button Button2 is clicked, intf2 must open. On intf2
there are some values on a JTable, which should be passed to the
calling JInternalFrame (in this case intf1) writing them on its
JTextField.

Regarding the intf2 opening on Button2 click, I was able to do that
accessing the main Frame (let's call it frmMain) in this way:

if (frmMain.intf2 == null) {
frmMain.intf2 = new JInternalFrame("Internal Frame
2",true,true,true,true);
frmMain.intf2.setContentPane(new IntFrame2());
frmMain.intf2.setBounds(12, 9, 500, 400);
frmMain.jDesktopPane1.add(frmMain. intf2);
frmMain.jDesktopPane1.updateUI();
}
frmMain.intf2.show();

What do you think about it?

Regarding the access to the calling JTextField I don't know...
How can I do? I hope you can help me

Thank you very much in advance!

markspace

carmelo said:
[...]

As long as this is done on the EDT, it's fine. It should be because the
ActionListener is called on the EDT.

Regarding the access to the calling JTextField I don't know...
How can I do? I hope you can help me

Where is the JTable from intf2 that you mentioned? You need to make it
or access it, then copy some values out and set them in intf1. Use the
code above to do it. Right after you create intf2, access (or make) the
JTable, and set some values in intf1.

These frame are bound together rather tightly, imo. At some point you
might want to make a PrimaryFrame and a SecondaryFrame as interfaces,
and create some classes based on interfaces. Then have the code above
deal only with interfaces. It's make both testing easier once this
program grows beyond the non-trivial stage, as well as making future
modification easier too.