accessing values from server controls in an aspx page loaded in frame

aspquest

Hi All

I have a web form page (page1.aspx) which has an iframe, and the src
of the iframe is set to another web form page (page2.aspx). I would
like to access the values of the server controls on page2.aspx from
the parent page1.aspx.

Is it possible ?

Thanks in advance

Aspquest

avnrao

though visually page1.aspx contains page2.aspx, on the server side both are
processed in separate requests.
first Page1.aspx renders and sends a request for page2.aspx when iframe is
getting rendered.

So bottom line is its not possible to access page1.aspx server controls on
page2.aspx becuase at the time of page2.aspx request, page1.aspx doesnt
exist.
you can access it by using client side script.

Av.

Guest

How do you access in client side script if the say the src of the iframe isn't determined until run time?