ActionMailer view overwriting ActionController view?

lgastako

Hi All,

I'm having a bizarre problem. I have a page that let's you share a
link from the current page with other users. You can share with other
users of the site (by selecting them from your list of friends) or
arbitrary users by entering e-mail addresses. In both scenarios the
site sends e-mail to the users you chose to share with... for some
reason, when I send a set of e-mails to offsite users, the view of the
page gets corrupted and the next time I visit the page, the output of
the view associated with the share controller is replaced with the
previous output of the view associated with the mailer.

I've tried adding a breakpoint and doing "render_to_string :template =>
'foo'" (where foo is the view associated with the template) and sure
enough, it returns the (apparently) cached output from the last e-mail
sent.

Has anyone seen anything like this before, and/or does anyone have any
suggestions on where to look next?

Thanks,
-
John
http://www.rubyroll.com/

James Britt

Hi All,
Hi.

Has anyone seen anything like this before, and/or does anyone have any
suggestions on where to look next?

Yes. Try the Rails mailing list.

www.rubyonrails.org

--
James Britt

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little
time to change that here and there."
- Richard P. Feynman