Actor pattern in GUI

M Ali

Hi,

I am trying to grok using actor patterns in a gui as explained here by
Andrew Eland:
http://www.andreweland.org/code/gui-actor.html

The short article explains it using java with which i am not used to
at all. But he does provide a python example using pygtk:
http://www.andreweland.org/code/gui-actor.py

Could anyone look into it and maybe explain it a bit as i don't really
get at all what's happening?

In addition I am getting these error when I try to run it:

GLib-WARNING **: giowin32.c:1654: 3 is neither a file descriptor or a
socket
GLib-CRITICAL **: g_io_add_watch_full: assertion `channel != NULL'
failed
GLib-CRITICAL **: g_io_channel_unref: assertion `channel != NULL'
failed

Any ideas?

Thanks...

M Ali

Hmm... no takers? Too bad, the pattern and it's implementation in
python is pretty interesting...