Adapting onBlur functionality of javascript in ASP.net??

Jeffrey

Hello

I have several textboxes in a datagrid footer. When the user inputs
something first textbox, the values of the other textboxes are updated.
Basically I want the "onBlur" functionality of javascript here, but using
codebehind.

Why I don't want to use javascript for this is because I have to connect to
my database and all the users' browsers have to be configured to allow
"access to data source across domain" ( which doesn't seem right to me in a
web environment )...

Does anyone has an idea ? Can I do it through postback? Can postback be
triggerred programmatically?

Any suggestion will be much appreciated :)

Jef

David Keenan

Hi Jeff,

You can use the onblur javascript event on the textbox
to fire the __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument)
function supplied by the framework. There are plenty
examples on the web of how to do utilise this function.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Jeffrey

Thanks David. It works fine :)