Add controls DESIGN Time.

Sundance Kid

Hi All.

I would like to know, HOW can I add control (textboxes) etc to my web form
in design time? I have tried everything... someone @ MS should be able to
tell me.

Thanks.

(I can post my code...)

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Right click on your Visual Studio.NET toolbox and select Add/Remove Items.
Navigate to the DLL.

Then drag the control from your toolbox onto the form.

Sundance Kid

He he.

Sorry for not explaining properly.

I have a custom control on my web form. I want my custom control to create
another control (textbox etc) on my web form when I click on a verb in my
custom control.

Hope it makes more sense.

John Saunders

Sundance Kid said:
He he.

Sorry for not explaining properly.

I have a custom control on my web form. I want my custom control to create
another control (textbox etc) on my web form when I click on a verb in my
custom control.

Hope it makes more sense.

It makes more sense, but still doesn't make sense!

I don't know of any case where one control creates other controls which it
does not contain. I don't know if you _can_ do that, but I know that it
would be too wierd if you were able to do it.

Why can't your control contain any extra controls it wants?

John Saunders