Add row under selectedindex row of datagrid

ujjc001

Hello all-
I would like to find a way to add a row containing data, buttons or
whatever else I would like, to a datagrid and display it for whichever
row is selected. Similar to
http://www.denisbauer.com/ASPNETControls/HierarGridDemo.aspx
I would love to easily be able to add this type of functionality.

I am thinking of the following pseudo code-
On button (show/hide) click, set a variable somehow connected to the
selected row, on postback when the list is binding if this value is
true (show) then probably make a div display = inline, if false (hide)
div display = none.
Where would I add the div in the html to run with each item template?
Please help as this is boggling my mind :)
Jeff C.