Adding virtual directories to Setup project

Chris Newby

I have created a standard VS 2003 setup project (not the Web Setup project)
that installs an Asp.Net application. In addition to this, I would like the
setup to also create a few other virtual directories mapped to physical
directories specified by the user of the setup package.

As of now, I have written a VB Script that can create the virtual
directories I need, however I don't know of an easy way to pass information
from the setup package to the script. In my case, the user executing the
setup package would specify a physical path using one of the setup projects
dialogues and then that path would somehow be used by the script.

I know how to read arguments to the script if it is invoked using wscript:
e.g. wScript.Arguments( 0 )

but how should I best invoke the script and pass it arguments from the setup
package?

Also, is using a VB Script for this requirment the best way?

TIA//