Adjusting to screen width

VJ

Is there a any known easy way to fit web pages for a screen resolution. Can
I do this programmatically?

VJ

Patrice

My preference is to dispose UI elements in a table that uses a 100 % width.
This way the browser tries to dispose things using the whole width... (you
can also just center things if they are really too narrow but you have the
basic idea that is to let the browser do the exact placement based on your
stylistic indications. Do you have a specific issue in mind ?).

Patrice

VJ

Guess my question was not placed correctly, let me try again

We are developing web pages that will be viewed in Tablet PCs. The page has
frames with lot of controls in them. The pages were developed for 1024 X 768
resolution in a desktop computers. They work fine with no scroll bars on
Tablet PC in Landscape mode. In portrait mode, we get horizontal and
vertical scroll bars. How do I fit the page back in portrait mode, so that
scroll bars don't appear.

VJ

Curt_C [MVP]

put a table as your top level control.
That will define your limits then, from there dont hard-code any fixed
widths, only %'s.
This should auto-wrap any thing that would scroll the page. I would only do
this for width though, not height. Let that scroll