Advantages of c++ over other languages to create chat server

jigar.0508

Hi friends.

I am developing online communication application which contains the
features like chat,audio,video, data transfer etc.

I am actually in final year and developing a project. For that i want
some strong points which defends the c++ over other languages to
create this type of application (specially server).

So please if anyone have any strong point or any thing on this
application which can only be possible in c++ and not other language
or if possible than not suggested to use because of some reasons.

Thanks in adv

bye

Erik Wikström

Hi friends.

I am developing online communication application which contains the
features like chat,audio,video, data transfer etc.

I am actually in final year and developing a project. For that i want
some strong points which defends the c++ over other languages to
create this type of application (specially server).

I think it would be wrong of you to first select a language and let that
limit your choices, instead you should first look at what frameworks and
already existing components there are. Then you use those to build your
application and use whatever languages they support (perhaps you need to
use more than one to interface between different parts).
So please if anyone have any strong point or any thing on this
application which can only be possible in c++ and not other language
or if possible than not suggested to use because of some reasons.

There are few things that you can achieve in one language and not in
another, they question is how much work it takes. C++ is a great
language when you need to build robust applications with high
performance, but it is also a complex language and if you do not know
what you are doing you'll end up with a slow buggy application. By
selecting a higher-level language (and/or a suitable framework) you can
spend more time on building the useful parts of them application and
less time building the foundation on which it will stand and you can get
a lot of the complex parts for free.

In short, search for already existing parts that can be used and base
your choice of language on them. Unless, of course, if the goal of the
project is to learn C++.