Advice Needed Store Images in Database or Drive?

john_20_28_2000

Using asp.net, c#, mysql or SQL Server. I have a image uploading and
wanted it to be "secure." Each user has their own section to login and
upload images. Should I store the images in a database or on the drive
as files? Not sure how to make it secure any other way but put in the
database, but wanted to know if that would make it extremely slow when
downloading the images on the webpage showing them. Thanks for any
advice.