    pages each held in a iFrame control on each page of the outer TabContainer.

    Paul Smith

    (Apologies if this is the wrong group to post this to)

    Paul W Smith, Mar 21, 2010

  2. Paul W Smith

    Mike Lovell Guest

    http://www.jcdarts.co.uk/History.aspx
    AJAX and databinding would cut that down.

    Mike Lovell, Mar 21, 2010

  3. Databinding and paging come to mind. Right now, it looks like you are only
    showing a small portion of the data on screen. I did not look at source, so
    I assume (based on the timing of the post) you are spitting everything out
    but the div is constrained. Adopting a data bind with paging support will
    allow you to show pages of information. Mike's suggestion of "repainting"
    the next page using AJAX works nicely, as it gives the appearance of being
    more fluid, but it is not mandatory to solve the problem.

    --
    Peace and Grace,
    Greg

    Twitter: @gbworld

    | Think outside the box! |

    Gregory A. Beamer, Mar 22, 2010
  4. If you don't want to have a refresh, use Ajax
    If refresh is not a problem, do it in the regular ASP.NET way with
    postbacks for every part of the page

    Alexey Smirnov, Mar 23, 2010
  5. Paul W Smith

    Andy O'Neill Guest

    I think that's the simplest.
    I would maybe try and do it with one iFrame.
    Make a separate aspx page for each tab.
    When the page initially loads, chuck the default child page in the iframe.
    Make clicking on each tab postback.
    Put the appropriate page into the iFrame on postback page load.
    Everything is split out separate and the IO from web to database is reduced.

    Andy O'Neill, Mar 23, 2010