Advise on control type

MattC

Hi,

I want to extend the calendar control in a way that keeps all the existing
functionality in terms of design time and how it operates. However I want
to add an aggregate class to it and bind some of my own logic to the
SelectionChanged event.

I have several questions:

1.) What type of control would be best, bearing in mind that I do not
require any additional UI changes but I still want to be able to drag it
from the toolbar.

2.) If I bind the event to a method that is internal to my control and
someone also binds that event to one of the external methods, which one will
fire first?

Any help greatly appreciated.

MattC