After upgrading, error 403.1

Shawn

After upgrading to IIS 6.0 /Windows Server 2003 Standard
Ed, I get the following error message for regular .asp
pages. How can I fix this?

HTTP Error 403
403.1 Forbidden: Execute Access Forbidden

This error can be caused if you try to execute a CGI,
ISAPI, or other executable program from a directory that
does not allow programs to be executed.

Please contact the Web server's administrator if the
problem persists

Kevin Spencer

This error can be caused if you try to execute a CGI, ISAPI, or other
executable program from a directory that
does not allow programs to be executed.

Just a wild guess here, but perhaps you should make the virtual directory in
which this exception is occurring, to allow programs to be executed.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Guest

Kevin - He noted that he was running .asp pages and getting the error.

Shawn - This can be related to a myriad of things. First off, in the Home
Directory tab of your website settings, be sure that "Scripts Only" is
selected as the Execute Permissions (assuming you don't actually need
executables).

Ian Suttle
http://www.IanSuttle.com

Shawn

This is set to "Scripts Only". ANy other suggestions?

The page is a simple webpage <%=date()%>
It is on the root of the directory called test.asp

Shawn

Bruce Barker

with iis manager, under application mapping check that .asp is still mapped
to asp.dll

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Kevin Spencer

Kevin - He noted that he was running .asp pages and getting the error.

Yes, he also noted the error, which was very specific.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Shawn

IUSR_machine name has read, list and execute permissions,
actually they have full control while I'm trying to figure
out what 's going on.

Shawn

The error seems very specific, tells me that I don't have
execute permissions for that folder, but I do. Scripts
only is the option used and it still doesn not work. Any
suggestions?

Juan T. Llibre

Have you allowed execution for
*.asp pages in the IIS MMC ?

IIS 6.0 is locked down by default,
and you must enable whatever you need to run.

Open the IIS MMC, and scroll to "Web Service Extensions"
There, allow whatever you need to run.

Juan T. Llibre

Mind you, that is not the same as the
"Scripts Only" Execute Permissions, OK ?

If you've allowed the execution of asp pages
in the "Web Service Extensions" property page
of the IIS MMC, then you might want to try
re-registering asp.dll, in case there was a problem
with its registration :

regsvr32 asp.dll

Yes, I have allowed IIS to run .asp pages upon
installation, but it still doesn't work.