ajc error msg

Shin

Hi all,

I am kind of confused by the following error message: when invoking,
"ajc -classpath ... FooAspect.java", where FooAspect reference types
from the classpath.

"FooAspect.java:68 error formal unbound in pointcut
pointcut run(A a, P p): (target(p) && args(a) && execute(public
P+.runa(A)));"

I don't see anything wrong with the pointcut I defined. And if the
error is unrelated to this pointcut (i.e., something wrong else where
trigger this), then it's just bad design choice in ajc. In any case,
this *is* the first error msg I got from ajc.

Thanks for any spotting,

-Shin

Oliver Wong

Shin said:
Hi all,

I am kind of confused by the following error message: when invoking,
"ajc -classpath ... FooAspect.java", where FooAspect reference types
from the classpath.

"FooAspect.java:68 error formal unbound in pointcut
pointcut run(A a, P p): (target(p) && args(a) && execute(public
P+.runa(A)));"

I don't see anything wrong with the pointcut I defined. And if the
error is unrelated to this pointcut (i.e., something wrong else where
trigger this), then it's just bad design choice in ajc. In any case,
this *is* the first error msg I got from ajc.

Thanks for any spotting,

I don't know much about AspectJ, but it sounds like you suspect this to
be a bug in the compiler. If so, you may wish to try an alternate compiler,
abc, and see if this latter one accepts your code.

http://abc.comlab.ox.ac.uk/introduction

abc is supposed to be "almost compatible" with ajc. The differences are
listed at:

http://abc.comlab.ox.ac.uk/differences

- Oliver