    FPGA. What Problems or Task have to be managed?

    Can anybody help me?

    Thanks

    Ronny Hengst, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Hi everybody
    One difference I found was that the Altera block-RAM implementation allowed
    async reads while the Xilinx version supported sync reads only. This can
    cause truble depending on your desing. If you infer a sync write-async read
    RAM in Xilinx it will be implemented in distributed RAM instead of
    block-RAMs. I also seem to recall that the Altera FIFO implementation had a
    data-counter while the Xilinx version supported only the empty/full flags.
    Xilinx FIFOs can't hold the output data indefinitely (due to the sync RAM
    read behind the scenes) so you might have to add another layer of
    registers/latches, again, depeding on your desing.

    Regards,
    Andras Tantos

    Andras Tantos, Jul 24, 2003