Am I missing something here ??

JezB

Page A navigates to page B
Page B navigates to page C
Page C does several postbacks.

Now I want to go back to page B. The browser's BACK button on page C just
navigates back through the postbacks, so I put a button on this page to
navigate to page B.

However if the user now hits BACK on page B he's taken to page C and not
page A !! I can see why it's happening but it's not what the user would
expect.

How do I deal with situations like this? Its driving me insane!

JezB

It may be apparent but Im from a windows programming background rather than
web programming. I've noticed that many websites do indeed work in this way,
and that generally all pages have links within the page to navigate back up
the navigation tree, including one to get back to the "root".