Anchortag in URL not working in IE6

Erwin Moller

Hi group,

I found that IE6 sometimes doesn't jump to an anchortag in the URL.
I have an URL like:
http://localhost/bla/test.php?userid=1#edituser

In the html produced i have an anchortag halfway my page:

The id I added to test, but that didn't help anything.

AFAIK: this is the usual way to make a page jump to a certain point.
I also disabled some JS-alerts, but that didn't help either.

In Mozilla it works (as expected).

Does anybody know a solution or a place for me to read on?

TIA!

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Stephen Chalmers

Erwin Moller

Stephen Chalmers wrote:

Hi
I would guess that an anchor specifier should follow immediately after
the name of its containing document.

http://localhost/bla/test.php#edituser?userid=1

No, that is wrong. :)
First the name/value pairs, then the hash #
This isn't a JS issue.

True.
The reason I posted here is simply that I was trying to work around that bug
using JS.

But I reposted at alt.html
:)

Thanks for your response.