animated banners

NK

Hi,

I made an animated banenr in fireworks, exported it (html and images) and
opened it in Dreamweaver. Then i saved it to the remote site (i said yes to
include all dependant files), and I can view it when i go the website. But,
it seems to be taking it from my hard drive.. the Address of it is
file:///C|/Documents.......My%20Pictures/bannerexact.gif

And my friends cannot see it. Anyone know why this is? I'm not very
experienced with dreamweaver.

David Dorward

NK said:
I made an animated banenr
Yuck.

in fireworks, exported it (html and images) and
opened it in Dreamweaver. Then i saved it to the remote site (i said yes
to include all dependant files), and I can view it when i go the website.
But, it seems to be taking it from my hard drive.. the Address of it is
file:///C|/Documents.......My%20Pictures/bannerexact.gif

Well, yes, that would be your hard drive.
And my friends cannot see it. Anyone know why this is?

Because they don't have the image in the same place on their hard drive.
Change the URI to a relative or absolute reference to the image you
uploaded to the website.
I'm not very experienced with dreamweaver.

You should learn the fundamentals before trying to use a tool which hides
them from you.

NK

Yes, I know that's why, but what I don't know is how I could do that:

Because they don't have the image in the same place on their hard drive.
Change the URI to a relative or absolute reference to the image you
uploaded to the website.

NK

Don't worry, I think I've done it :D

David Dorward said:
Well, yes, that would be your hard drive.

Because they don't have the image in the same place on their hard drive.
Change the URI to a relative or absolute reference to the image you
uploaded to the website.

You should learn the fundamentals before trying to use a tool which hides
them from you.

MeIsDavid

NK said:
Hi,

I made an animated banenr in fireworks, exported it (html and images) and
opened it in Dreamweaver. Then i saved it to the remote site (i said yes to
include all dependant files), and I can view it when i go the website. But,
it seems to be taking it from my hard drive.. the Address of it is
file:///C|/Documents.......My%20Pictures/bannerexact.gif

And my friends cannot see it. Anyone know why this is? I'm not very
experienced with dreamweaver.

Dude: you have this file saved *locally* - not on the Internet. You need to
upload this file to a server and then send out the address.
I think you need to start at the beginng.