[ANN] Developer's helper documentation

Eivind Eklund

Jamis (Buck) asked me to announce a couple of documents the RPA team has
been putting together as part of an effort to make it easier to write
good code:

http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.cgi?GoodAPIDesign

A collection of tips/patterns for good API design in Ruby.

http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.cgi?DeveloperChecklist

A collection of small checklists for use when doing releases
etc, to help you find areas for improvement and make sure the
release is good.

http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.cgi?GoodPractices

Good practices for things that are directly related to being
easy to package. The two links above are just intended to be
"generally helpful"; this link actually contains stuff that
influence us directly. The things mentioned here are also
important if you want to be packaged by *other* repackagers,
like FreeBSD, Debian, Gentoo, etc.

We'll be coming back with more supporting documentation etc as time
passes; hopefully the three above are already useful.

And remember: it's in a Wiki for a REASON - feel free to edit for any
reason (including asking questions :)

Eivind.