[ANN] Euruko 2003 Videos available at ruby-doc.org

jbritt

Euruko 2003 Videos available at ruby-doc.org

http://www.ruby-doc.org/downloads/Euruko2003

The First European Ruby Conference was held at the University of
Karlsruhein in Germany, from the 21st to the 22th of June, 2003. It was
organized by Armin Roehrl.

Thanks to Armin, the presentations were digitally recorded and have been
made available as AVI files. Some of theses are now available for
download from ruby-doc.org The videos have had the some noise filtering
and volume normalization applied, and have been converted to MPEG-1 to
reduce (albeit slightly) their size.

Not all of the videos are available right now. Others will go up as time
permits me to do the file processing.

I initially had some FTP timeout trouble uploading the files to
ruby-doc.org, so I split them into chunks. I decided to leave them this
way to help avoid marathon download sessions. To combine the chunks
into the complete file you basically just need to 'cat' them in
sequence. I've written a Ruby script to do this, available from the
video download page.

If anyone thinks they can mirror any of these files it would be a
tremendous help.

If you know anything about video compression, and can tell me a way to
make the files smaller without serious loss of quality, please tell me.

Slides for the presentations are available here:
http://www.approximity.com/euruko03/slides/

Enjoy, and thanks again to Armin Roehrl.

James Britt

gabriele renzi

il Tue, 16 Sep 2003 06:09:34 +0900, "(e-mail address removed)"
The videos have had the some noise filtering
and volume normalization applied, and have been converted to MPEG-1 to
reduce (albeit slightly) their size.
ùMPEG 1 ?
Are'nt we supposed to use DivX/MPEG-4 encoding to get maximum
compression ?

Thanks for this service, anyway .

Ged

This looks nice, but I haven't the bandwidth.

Are there any plans to make MP3s available?

Armin Roehrl

This looks nice, but I haven't the bandwidth.
Are there any plans to make MP3s available?
If you really need mp3s I produce them for you if
you email me instructions how todo that on a standard
linux box.

-A., back from long holidays with too many unread emails :).

jbritt

Ged said:
This looks nice, but I haven't the bandwidth.

Are there any plans to make MP3s available?

It's doable, though I hadn't planned on it. I don't know how much the
presentations depend on having the slides. I would haver to download the
slideas as well and sort of figure out when each slide was being shown.

James