ANN: JRuby 0.9.1

Thomas E Enebo

The JRuby team is pleased to announce the release of JRuby 0.9.1.

Website: http://www.jruby.org/
Download: http://dist.codehaus.org/jruby/

This release has some significant improvements:

- Overall performance is 50-60% faster than JRuby 0.9.0
- Improved Rails support
- New syntax for including Java classes into Ruby
- New interpreter design
- Refactoring of method dispatch, code evaluation, and block dispatch code
- Parser performance enhancement
- Rewriting of Enumerable and StringScanner in Java
- New experimental syntax for implementing interfaces
- 86 Jira issues resolved since 0.9.0

Ola Bini has been inducted into JRuby as a core developer during this
development cycle. He has been coding like an unstoppable machine and we
want to make sure he gets the recognition he deserves.

In addition to contributions from the regular suspects we have several new
contributors worth mentioning: Ryan Bell, Dave Brosius, Miguel Covarrubias,
Antti Karanta, and Michael Studman.

Additional thanks to all the people on our mailing lists who help give
feedback and ideas. JRuby just keeps getting better and better.

-Tom