[ANN] RubyInject 0.1.0

Laurent Sansonetti

Hi,

I am glad to announce the first version of the RubyInject project.

RubyInject is a Mac OS X framework that allows you to inject at
runtime the Ruby interpreter into any running application, using the
mach_star mechanism.

It will spawn a new thread on the remote process, initialize the Ruby
interpreter, start a new DRb server that exposes an expression
evaluator object, and advertises the DRb server URI on Bonjour.

A client is provided, inject.rb, that waits on Bonjour for the DRb
server URI, connects to it, then either executes a given Ruby script
or starts an IRB session.

RubyInject is especially useful when combined with RubyCocoa. You can
at runtime inject RubyCocoa into an Objective-C application and start
introspecting and messaging its objects.

Check out the following link for more details:

http://rubycocoa.sourceforge.net/RubyInject

Enjoy,

Laurent

Martin Stanley

Is anyone out there using this? I am having trouble getting it going:
tried the example and it just crashes TextEdit.

Martin